Wichita, Kansas Cerebral Palsy Lawyers: When Do I Have A Medical Malpractice Case?
Studies have shown that nearly 764,000 adults and children in Wichita, Kansas, and the rest of the United States live with at least one symptom of cerebral palsy and that 8,000 to 10,000 new cases of cerebral palsy are diagnosed each year. Cerebral palsy is a term that describes a group of disorders that affect movement and muscle tone or posture. It is caused by oxygen deprivation during pregnancy and/or the birthing process. While causes vary, we’ve found that around 20 percent of cerebral palsy cases are due to medical malpractice. Here are some of the ways that can happen.
Cerebral palsy can be caused by medical malpractice during pregnancy in a number of ways including:
- Failure to detect and properly treat infections in the mother
- Failure to detect a prolapsed umbilical cord
- Failure to plan and schedule a cesarean section when a baby is too large for a safe delivery
Additionally, cerebral palsy can result from medical malpractice during the birthing process. Some of these incidents can include:
- Failure to properly monitor heart rate before and during labor and birth
- Delay or failure to perform a medically necessary cesarean section
- Negligence and avoidable mistakes caused by the use of a vacuum or forceps during labor
Contact Our Wichita Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
Not all cerebral palsy cases are caused by medical malpractice. With that in mind, you need an experienced medical malpractice attorney to review your case and determine if the cerebral palsy was caused by negligence on the part of the doctor.
The cerebral palsy lawyers at PHP Law firm have the experience and expertise necessary to build a strong cerebral palsy case. If you and your family have been a victim, please contact our medical malpractice attorneys for a free consultation. We are honored to serve your case!