The Wichita, Kansas personal injury lawyers at PHP Law Firm take personal injury cases all over the state of Kansas. Over the years, we’ve run across the rumor that jurors in small towns or rural areas will try to protect their local physician or hospital in negligence cases in spite of clear evidence of negligence. In our years of experience working in rural communities, this type of situation is a rare occurrence. We have had continued success in our litigation of small-town Kansas personal injury cases.
In the past, our firm has taken cases in rural areas that resulted in settlements of $4.1 million, $4.7 million, $4.4 million, $4.3 million, and $1.2 million. We have a simple strategy in rural cases. It’s the same strategy we use in all our cases. We put in the hard work to make sure our client gets the compensation they deserve.
To do that we:
- gather an arsenal of substantial and convincing evidence to confront the defendant physician(s) and hospital to unequivocally establish that the care provided was horribly substandard
- find the best experts you can find who have written extensively on the medical subject in issue in peer review texts and journals
- find all the medical literature and texts you can to support your case
- leave no stone unturned during discovery
- review and consider every hospital policy, protocol or rule that has any shred of relevance
- learn all you can about the background, education and training of the defendant physician – even grades from medical school and what texts were utilized in their education – as well as opposing experts
- work up damages with experts, peer-reviewed studies and as many lay witnesses as you can find with first-hand knowledge.
The truth is that if you’re thorough and handle the case well, it doesn’t matter if you’re in a small town or a big city because the case is likely to never see the courtroom.
Looking For A Wichita Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’re interested in pursuing a personal injury case in Wichita or across the state of Kansas, contact the personal injury attorneys at PHP Law Firm for a consultation. We’ll set up a meeting to discuss the details of your case. If we determine that we can pursue legal action, our dedicated staff will work tirelessly to present the best possible.