- Founding Partner of PHP Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney – Specializes in medical malpractice, mostly for adults and children with brain injuries
- Juris Doctor (law degree) from Washburn University of Topeka School of Law
Admissions, Associations and Memberships
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association – Past President
- Kansas Bar Association
- Melvin M. Belli Society
- American Association for Justice – Board of Governors
- Leaders Forum of the American Association for Justice
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group – Past Chairman
- Professional Negligence Section – Past Chairman
How long have you worked at PHP Law Firm?
I founded our law firm in 1985. I quickly developed a reputation for winning the tough cases other attorneys had already turned down, especially medical malpractice cases. On average, four out of 10 cases I take have been turned down by another attorney. Consequently, our caseload grew rapidly.
What is your typical day like?
I litigate only a few large brain injury cases each year, which allows me to devote the time necessary to obtain maximum justice and full compensation for each of my clients. My goal is to listen to every client and try to help them get back to a better life.
Each day, I research all the medicine and facts on my cases. I think about my cases morning, noon and night— seven days a week.
What are you proud of?
I have settled six medical malpractice cases in Kansas for over $4 million each. It’s a track record that no other Kansas attorney has achieved. I take pride in helping the underdog win against the big insurance companies and doctors.
What is something many people do not know?
Unfortunately, my mother-in-law died from medical malpractice, so I know first-hand how devastating it can be on the lives of victims and their families.