What Should I Do If I Suspect Medical Malpractice?
Many people think medical malpractice only occurs during major complex medical procedures such as surgery. However, because of the complicated nature of health and medicine, and the difference in every person’s state of health, the potential for medical malpractice is not limited to surgery. There are many different ways that doctors and medical staff can commit malpractice. These include: anesthesia errors; misdiagnosis of heart attacks, strokes and organ failure; failure to diagnose pneumonia, brain injury, aneurysms and other illnesses; failure to diagnose orthopedic injuries; and even delays in treating illnesses such as infection, brain bleeds; gall bladder disease, appendicitis, pancreatitis and bowel obstruction. Many of these errors can lead to catastrophic injury and death if not caught and promptly treated.
What To Do Next
With all this potential for medical malpractice, it’s important to stay vigilant to make sure that you and your loved ones are protected. If you suspect medical malpractice has occurred, what should you do next?
According to Michael W. Weber, associate attorney at PHP Law Firm, if you suspect medical malpractice occurred, there are a few things you should start doing immediately:
- Request a copy of your medical records as soon as possible.
- Start recording the details of your case in writing or with an audio recording device. Record conversations you have, who those conversations are with, and what time and date those conversations occurred.
- Preserve all documents related to negligent care: bills, instructions, letters, messages, and anything related to the care. Don’t throw anything away.
- Continue to follow the advice of your physicians and health care providers.
- Contact a medical malpractice attorney immediately.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys, Wichita
Contact the expert medical malpractice attorneys at PHP Law Firm as soon as possible if you suspect you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice. With decades of medical malpractice experience, we offer free medical malpractice consultations. We will evaluate and discuss the details of your case with you.
If our medical malpractice team feels that you are the victim of medical malpractice and you would like to proceed with legal action, you will not be charged any fees unless we win compensation for you. In other words, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Please contact us directly at (316) 683-9080 to discuss your medical malpractice case. We look forward to speaking with you.